rna pcr reliability
Sep 29, 2012
hi sir, i had an unprotected vaginal intercourse with a woman later i came to know that she was hiv positive i took rna pcr qualitative test at 13 and 37 days postexposure negative are these test conclusive i am also having recurrent oral ulceration which comes in morning and goes till night , is herpes a cause of such ulceration.? your reply would be helpful
Response from Dr. Wohl
The initial testing is very very suggestive that you did not acquire HIV from this partner. I recommend you also get an HIV antibody test at this point. If negative, you are really done.
Herpes lesions should not come and go within a day. Show this to a doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.