Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oral sex - condom slipped off
Sep 26, 2012

Hey Doc,

Im freaking out. I had a one (and only time) encounter with a stripper wherein she performed oral sex on me. After a few minutes, she stopped and I finished with my hand. It was during this that the condom fell off. I under stand that the chances of contracting the virus through oral with an unknown status person is very low. Also, as I understand it, saliva can neutralize the virus and having rubbed it - could this have further destroyed any virus? Furthermore, my 6-week, HIV 1-2, test came back negative. However, I am dealing with a somewhat persistent case of thrush (about 3 weeks now and 2 prescriptions of nytastin), and intermittent sore throat. Have had 3 night sweats that Ive noticed, leg pain (fairly latent but annoying), and am now getting over a cold - took abut 3 days. No lymph node swelling, fevers, or flu symptoms. It has been about 8 weeks since the encounter.

My doc says she is not concerned with the possibility of HV at this point but will test as many times as I need for my mental health.

Please advise

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I do not think you should be concerned about HIV. The risk in this situation was extremely low. If you feel the need, you can go in for a final test at the 12 week mark. At 12 weeks your results would be considered conclusive. If your symptoms persist, I would suggest following up with your doctor to determine other possible causes. It is not HIV. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Previous
CUT ON PENIS NEAR THE HEAD OF PENIS
Next
Why won't you write me back???

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.