HIV test. Please guide me

Hello Experts,

Thanks a lot for your contribution and expert help.

I had two bad sexual encounters and am afraid to proceed for further tests

1) In September 2011, I went to massage parlor and had protected sex with Spanish worker. Based on the nature of place, I can guarantee its a brothel. The lady gave me condom and am not sure what type of condom it was. During the intercourse (after 2 mins), my heart told am doing wrong and did not have an erection and left the place. 2) On April 2012, I went to Europe and was attracted to window. The lady gave me condom and am not sure what type of condom it was. Again exactly,during the intercourse (after 2 mins), my heart told am doing wrong and did not have an erection and left the place.

On September 19,2012( exactly after 5months and 3 weeks): I went for HIV1 and HIV2 blood test and results came back negative. On Sep 24,2012 again I took Orsure saliva test and it came back negative. The wait period was very tough as I was angry with my ignorance. I belived using condom always protects us 200%.

Now, Please let me know if I need to take another test after 3 more months? Also, due to these incidents am not sexually active after April 1,2012.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is the one of the best ways to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's. You did that in both of these instances. Your risk for HIV was low. Oftentimes, sex workers are more cautious when it comes to safer-sex practices. They understand the risks involved and want to stay HIV negative.

It only takes three months for you to get an accurate HIV test result. Both of your tests were outside of this window. You are negative from these encounters. You do not need to retest.

In health,

Richard

intense burning
chances of being infected with HIV