|HIV test. Please guide me
Sep 26, 2012
Thanks a lot for your contribution and expert help.
I had two bad sexual encounters and am afraid to proceed for further tests
1) In September 2011, I went to massage parlor and had protected sex with Spanish worker. Based on the nature of place, I can guarantee its a brothel. The lady gave me condom and am not sure what type of condom it was. During the intercourse (after 2 mins), my heart told am doing wrong and did not have an erection and left the place. 2) On April 2012, I went to Europe and was attracted to window. The lady gave me condom and am not sure what type of condom it was. Again exactly,during the intercourse (after 2 mins), my heart told am doing wrong and did not have an erection and left the place.
On September 19,2012( exactly after 5months and 3 weeks): I went for HIV1 and HIV2 blood test and results came back negative. On Sep 24,2012 again I took Orsure saliva test and it came back negative. The wait period was very tough as I was angry with my ignorance. I belived using condom always protects us 200%.
Now, Please let me know if I need to take another test after 3 more months? Also, due to these incidents am not sexually active after April 1,2012.
| Response from Mr. Cordova
Using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is the one of the best ways to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's. You did that in both of these instances. Your risk for HIV was low. Oftentimes, sex workers are more cautious when it comes to safer-sex practices. They understand the risks involved and want to stay HIV negative.
It only takes three months for you to get an accurate HIV test result. Both of your tests were outside of this window. You are negative from these encounters. You do not need to retest.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- How To Completely Get Rid Of Vaginal Discharge?
- Alcohol And Resistance To Antiretrovirals
- At What Stages Of HIV Does Peripheral Neuropathy Occur
- Can Hepatitis Cause Hiv Test False Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.