intense burning

Hi, I think you guyz are doing great job. I am sure you have heard this question many times: 5 weeks post exposure. 1)Can HIV rash feel as burning on upper back, buttocks and arms? 2)Do you always have a visible rash or is it possible to have have intense burning and visible rash except scratchmarks? 3)Is it possible to have burning sensation come and go throughout the day for several days? 4)42 days ago I had a potential exposure and I had fatigue that started 30 days post exposure, than few very itchy bumps(33 days post exposure), on my legs and buttocks. followed by intense burning sensation at 36 days (post exposure) on my buttocks, upper back (39 days post exposure), neck burning (42 days post exposure). Is it consistent with ARS? Is it due to anxiety? I will get tested at 8 weeks.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

1) Yes

2) The itching and burning would be a symptom of the rash. If you don't have the rash, you would not have the burning or itching.

3) Along with the rash itself, yes.

4) No. The rash would be part of a collection of symptoms that would likely include a fever. ARS commonly feels like you are experiencing the flu.

You don't mention what your risk was, so I cannot comment on the likelihood of infection. Your best bet is to get tested at the 90 day mark. You could certainly go in for an initial test now. Most people will show up positive by 28 days. If you went in for a test now, I would expect your 90 day test to be negative as well. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

HIV infection doubts
HIV test. Please guide me