HIV through dry blood

My gay male friend cut his face while shaving. He does not know if he has HIV. 45 minutes later I touched the dry blood on his face. I pick my nails and the skin around my nails so I may have small open cuts on my finger. Is there any way I could have contracted HIV or does the fact that the blood was dry make my risk nonexistent?

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is no risk from what you're talking about and, to be frank, if you're worried simply because your friend is gay, that's scary. Friendship is built on trust and understanding, let me help you with some of the understanding piece..

Just because someone is gay doesn't make them anymore of a risk of giving HIV than anyone else. It's the behaviors and contact that people have that are risky. Your situation isn't risky in the least. From what you're telling me, there were no openings on your hands. Did the picking the around your nails cause significant bleeding that was active while you touched your friend's face? Doesn't sound like it.. Besides, you're right. There's no risk of getting HIV from dry blood. Open and shut case.

Hope this helps..

Erik

HIV status after getting cut with scissors
HIV/STI from sex toy