HIV status after getting cut with scissors

Hello recently I had a cut on my nail with a scissors that has been use by so many persons and I was injured. Wat is the risk of contracting HIV. My fear is that 2 weeks later I started experiencing some symptoms like sore throat, headache etc. Wat is my fate. Thank you

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is absolutely no risk from the situation that you're describing. None. The only way there'd be risk is if someone with HIV cut themselves badly enough to get blood all over the scissors and then you cut yourself in the same way just after they did it. Sounds like that probably didn't happen. You need significant openings into your body and a significant about of body fluid. Again, those things just weren't there.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Tongue Changes
HIV through dry blood