Hiv blood test (Syringe) vs drug injection

Hi Dr.Wohl

I have a debate with a friend about this issue, and i'll appreciate to get your professional opinion.

I read some people are afraid to get hiv blood test(Syringe) because they have fear that somehow infected blood is in the syringe and it could infect them.

to my understanding even if somehow infected blood is in the syringe and/or the needle,in Hiv blood test situation the syringe is making withdrawal action as oppose to drug use injection, and that is the important difference between the two situations, and that is why Hiv blood test is not risky as some people think.

Am i right?

I am happy to settle a bet probably made over beers between two thoughtful pals. Before I do that we should be clear that getting an HIV test entails NO RISK at all of catching HIV. It is almost unimaginable that anyone offering testing fro HIV would use dirty needles or tainted syringes.

As to the theoretical. I agree that IF someone were to have blood drawn into a dirty syringe that would not carry anywhere near the risk of that same syringe being used to push a substance into someone. I guess that means you win.

Positive ELISA, Negative WesternBlot, 8 Days after exposure
Pls Pls Pls Pls Guide Me