Dr. David Wohl, one last follow up, do you recommend any other tests or can we put this behind us?

Dr. David, THanks once again for your precious time. Here are my previous questions. http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q224840.html "http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q224645.html"

This was our previous question Dr. Wohl. Our pediatrician says let it go, because he says that we have done a PCR for HIV1. It says HIV 1 Quant PCR, and it says normal. Is that ok? Normal means negative right? HIV 1 Viral Copy <20 copies/ml and HIV 1 Viral Log < 1.301 LOG COPY/ML

The PCR was ordered after a year after the unfortunate needle blood contamination incident.

and he ordered Western blots for HIV1 and HIV2 and both are negative. He says no need of a PCR for HIV2, since hiv2 is very rare in the country.

I was very much worried because the EIA came reactive second time and the third time after 12 months after the incident, i do not know, because doctor just ordered western blots

Please do let me know if at all there is anything else you advice, so that i can show it and follow up with our pediatrician.

My other concern was if at all you think she is severely immunodeficient, because i heard that if a person is severely immunodeficient, then the western blot test result might be a false negative.

I told you why i was worried in the first place about her constant cold and cough after the incident from the past one month. You know her symptoms, continous cold and cough and she developed that small white patch, size of a dime, on her thumb on the skin side. The pediatric dermatologist told it is Vitiligo.

I was reading the reasons for a positive EIA, some of them are very simple like flu, immunizations etc and some time major things like lyme disease, lupus or syphilis.

Since you are a ID specialist, please let me know if you suggest any other tests based on her symptoms or if you suspect anything, so that i can show the same thing to my pediatrician and get it done and put an end to this night mare.

I think I have replied with all the answers I can supply. I do not believe that the child has been infected. You can imagine all sorts of scenarios but none of them fit as best as the one that your doctors and I have described: she had a false positive EIA that one time.

worried on test results
short exposure