can HIV be transmitted through urine in your eye?

Fresh urine splashed into my face while I was busy working with a HIV positive patient. It was on my lips and probably into my eyes. Is it possible to be affected by the virus?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is no risk of getting HIV from urine. Even if there were blood in the urine, there'd have to be A LOT of it for us to become concerned.

In cases where you're working with patients, it's very important to follow universal precautions with everyone. This includes cleaning yourself and reporting contact with certain body fluids to your supervisor.

Hope this helps!

Erik

worried from blood in the taxi
Please Please help really really worried! Begging for answers.