The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

depression with hiv being negative

Sep 23, 2012

my wife is hiv positive she said it from hjer last relations two years before we met and hiv one year after marriage she refuse to tell me the date of test and whe she first knew of being negative i am becoming depress because i feel she is trying to hide an affair after we was marriage we live apart in another country for six months how do i deal with this i saide i would leave but nothing happen i tell her sex can be safe but nothing happen am i hoping for too much as much as it will be painful go and find a better life with fun and sex

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi It sounds to me like there are other issues going on here besides HIV. Though disclosing our status is one of the hardest things to do. Not one of us goes through the act of disclosing the same way, some say it right away and some say it later on and some may never disclose. Now that you know you need to make a decision of staying with her and work on your marriage or move on. I'm not the one to give marital advice, but I do think that some counseling might be helpful. HIV transmission from female to male is difficult to occur but not impossible, you both need to receive education on how to live a healthy and successful relationship. She needs to be in good care and if necessary on treatment and you need to become educated on how to protect yourself.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

hiv aids

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint