A Question I Can't Find!!!!

Hello Doctor,

I've searched the archives and cannot find a question quite like mine!

I was with another guy and he fingered me. Now I know from reading the forums that this is not a significant risk for HIV transmission (especially when I examined his fingers and saw no cuts whatsoever!)

Now my only concern is that maybe he jacked hismself off a little (he was precuming) and then maybe a few minutes later, fingered me with that hand. Would HIV have died off by that time. It wasn't that he jacked himself off and used his precum as lube to finger me, but rather he may have touched his penis that was precuming and then later on fingered me with that hand. If this happened, am I at risk?

Please HELP!!!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Any virus present on his fingers would have started to die the moment it left his body. By the time it made its way into your rectum, the likelihood of it being able to infect you would be pretty low.

Bottom line: I would not be concerned. I do not think HIV could have been transmitted in a situation like this.

In health,

Richard

protected oral sex
Pricked by safety pin