Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

exposure 4 years ago
Sep 16, 2012

I am a 42 year old female...I had unprotected sex in 2008 with a man whose sexual history I do not know. He pulled out before ejaculation.In 2011 I applied for some additional isurance. The company conducted a orasure test (collection device). I never heard anything from the results but got the coverage. I called about the results. The underwriter mailed the results to me.. She said the results are accurate. It said nonreactive to hiv and negative for nicotine. Am I in the clear if I had no other exposures since then.. Please someone answer. I have sent this 3 times.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You were HIV negative as of three months prior to that test. If you have not had any other sexual encounters since 2008, then I would consider that test valid. If you have had any sexual encounters since 2008, but have not been tested, then I would suggest a full STD panel. My suggestion is that unless you are abstinent, you should be screened for all STD's at least once a year, and preferably every six months.

Even if your risk for HIV and other STD's is low, it's always good to know your status. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Gay Massage / Hemorrhoids
Next
protected oral sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.