HIV risk with pre-cum?

Hello Dr.

I recently had a sexual encounter with someone I only knew for a few hours. I didn't necessarily know much about their sex history. I was told they were disease free, but after the encounter, he told me he slept with another man two days ago.

While the condom we used did not break, is it possible that I could have an STD if pre cum got on the condom? (Although it likely would of died, I'd imagine if it were exposed to air and mixed with actual lube?) My main concern is getting an STD from oral sex, in particular HIV. I gave him oral sex and there was some pre-cum. I didn't brush my teeth before hand, but I did about thirty minutes afterwards and noticed my gums were bleeding? I did not come in contact with this man's semen at all, he came on my chest, I wiped it off, and that was that. Thanks for your time!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be concerned about HIV transmission in this case. The risk of transmission from oral sex is low. Other STD's such as Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Herpes can be transmitted via oral sex.

I do not think you need to be tested for this incident in particular. However, it is important that you are screened for all STD's at least once a year, and preferably every six months.

In health,

Richard

Scared Father and Husband after unprotected sex with prostitute!!
Gay Massage / Hemorrhoids