Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

DO I DISCLOSE AHEAD
Sep 12, 2012

Hello, I live in a country where it is a crime to be gay and the stigma for people living with hiv is very bad.I am on ARV and my viral load is very low. Now i have met a man who is ready to let me relocate to an european country to have a better life, I am scared if i tell him of my status he might change his mind. How can i handle this? What can i tell him to put his mind at ease when we get to the status issue?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Disclosing your HIV status can certainly be a scary thing, so I understand your hesitation. In the long run, you are probably going to have to tell him. Personally, I think it would be better to tell him before he relocates you. However, only you know your own situation and what is best for you.

If you do decide to disclose, then please have information ready for him. Direct him to TheBody.com or have printed information on HIV, and be prepared to talk about it. Also, be ready for him to be upset about the news of your HIV status. He may need some time to process this news. If he is the right man for you, then he will be willing to accept you for all that you are. HIV included. The very best of luck to you.

Best regards,

Richard

Previous
hiv test !
Next
hola richard, is it right?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.