Could my SO be infected 10 years after? Should she get tested?

My SO revealed to me lately that when she was younger (about 10) she was molested sexually.. She's now 26. She has never mentioned and doesn't think she has HIV. She's never gotten tested, for HIV or any other STD since she's never had symptoms. Obviously this is a super delicate area and I'm reluctant to push the issue unless I have to.

My question is: with no obvious symptoms could she still be infected? after this many years? With HIV or with anything else? and should she get tested? She's never had unprotected sex since that incident.

Thanks

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

It is unlikely that she would be able to go this long without showing signs of a compromised immune system. Understandably, this is a delicate situation. However, if the two of you have not been tested for HIV and other STD's together then I think that you should. I believe everyone should be tested for HIV and all other STD's at least once a year, preferably every six months. Even if they are in a relationship. Furthermore, testing together can be a great bonding experience for couples, and certainly opens the door to improved communication around sexual health. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

hiv duo test results after two months
Are there reported cases?