Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please answer..This has been going on too long.
Sep 12, 2012

In 1992 I became ill with deep thigh pain (both), diarrhea, swollen lymph nodes, weight loss narrowing of my ileum and fatigue. I was bedridden for over a year. I tested for hiv 6 and 8 months after any possible exposure unprotected sex with a woman I believe may have been infected based on her losing weight and I observed taking several pills which she would not discuss why with me no other possible exposure since. I saw twenty doctors who could not help me. I slowly went up and down with some recovery to feeling sick over the course of 14 years.

I decided I would try and have a baby with my wife who tested hiv negative in 2005 before having our baby in 2006. Recently my child became ill with some calf pain and elevated Liver enzymes decreased wbc (1.7) and fever for 7 days over 101. degrees was hospitalized and tested for EBV , Hep, and bone marrow all came out fine except the EBV showed previous.

In May 2012 I became ill with the same symptoms I experienced in 1992 ..diarreah for a month, weight loss of 20lbs, fatigue. My previous tests were (June 1992, July 1992, April 2003) I decided to test again in June 2012 - Labcorp HIV1/O/2 which was "non reactive".

Also tested at the same time for EBV. Showed EBV VCA IGG >8.0 and EBV nuclear antigen >8.0

Thank God my son's WBC improved in 2 days to 3.2 and Liver enzymes went down to 300 from 2000. I am still concerned about this episode.

Am I worrying myself thinking his illness has something to do with me?

Please help me sir. Am I being irrational? I have tried to move on with my life by even considering having a child 14 years after I was feeling sick with these symptoms. Torture

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I am sorry that these symptoms have been plaguing you for so many years. From the information you have provided, you are not HIV positive. Your tests have shown that you are not infected.

My suggestion is to continue working with a doctor or clinic to discuss what could be causing all of these symptoms. It is not HIV. All the best to you and your family and good luck.

In health,

Richard

Previous
could these symptoms be ARS?
Next
Feeling Bad - need an expert's opinion

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.