Can Hep C vaccination 17 post exposure delay HIV Seroconversion

I had a possible HIV exposure and displayed swelling of my neck glands severe enough to make swallowing difficult between 10 and 17 days post exposure. At 17 days I was given a rapid antibody test (Negative) and accepted the Hep C vaccine which was offered to me (I did not follow up with 2nd shot). Since then I developed over the course of 10 weeks, night sweats, oral thrush, amalphous ulcers, burning and bloating of my abdomen with 100.4 fever, weight loss, fatigue, measle like rash with blisters and chronic sore throat. I tested negative again at 32 days (ELISA and HIV 1 DNR PCR) and negative again at 78 days(ELISA and HIV 1 DNA PCR). I am told the last test was to be considered conclusive but I had forgotten about the vaccine at 17 days. I have read Hep C can cause delayed seroconversion. Is it possible for the vaccine to have the same effect. I was until recently a healthy 48 year old with no drug habit. A course of ineffective antibotics ruled out strep and I was tested for a full panel of STD's plus Hep A, B and C and Consacki virus (all negative) Please help!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Thanks for writing in. Currently, there are no vaccines for Hepatitis C. There are vaccines for Hepatitis A & B. Perhaps that was the vaccine they gave you? The Hepatitis A/B vaccine is often given together, and is given as three separate shots over the course of a year. The vaccine will not delay the production of antibodies.

While 78 days is not quite 90, it is fairly close. I would feel confident in your negative result. You can wait until your regularly scheduled round of STD screenings. If your symptoms persist, I would suggest a visit to your doctor or a clinic to determine what the possible cause is.

In health,

Richard

Licked a man's semen after he came. HIV exposure risk?
could these symptoms be ARS?