Licked a man's semen after he came. HIV exposure risk?

A month ago went on vacation and had a BIT too much to drink... I met a guy at a bar, blah, blah.... Eventually we kissed and we ended up mutually masturbating by the end of the evening. Unfortunately, I got caught up in the moment and licked his penis after he came and I got a little semen in my mouth. Of course the next day I freaked out. I came back and had an HIV/STI test a week after and a long talk with the doctor, who told my she thought I had nothing to worry about. Everything came back negative (even thought I know HIV can take up to 4-6 weeks to appear in a blood test). I am very healthy, rarely sick and have experienced no seroconversion symptoms. Should I be worried? Should I bother with another test?

Thanks!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I agree with your doctor; I do not think you have anything to worry about. HIV does not live outside the body. The moment it leaves the human body it starts to die. Within a minutes time, the virus becomes unable to infect another person. In addition, oral sex has been and remains a low-risk activity.

Bottom line: I would not be concerned and do not think you need to test for this incident in particular. You can wait until your regularly scheduled round of STD screenings to test again.

In health,

Richard

Test obsessed.
Can Hep C vaccination 17 post exposure delay HIV Seroconversion