4th Generation HIV test USA
Sep 12, 2012
I had a potential HIV risk exposure and want to get tested quickly. From extensive internet research/reading your forum I note that the 4th gen antigen/antibody tests are a reliable way of doing this 28 days post exposure. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find anywhere in the USA that offer these types of test. I am in the UK up until 23 days post exposure. My questions are
1. Do you know of any resources that will link me to finding a clinic on the East coast of the US (Washington DC) that would offer 4th gen testing, preferably with same day results?
2. If not would the 4th gen test 23 days post exposure be sufficient?
I would be extremely grateful for a reply, I have exhausted all avenues trying to find somewhere
Response from Mr. Cordova
You can visit http://hivtest.cdc.gov/ to find a testing facility near you. At 23 and 28 days, a negative test result would only be preliminary. By 28 days most people will show up reactive on an antibody test; you must wait until the three month mark for a conclusive result.
I would suggest a test at 28 days. If that test is negative, you can test again at the 90 day mark. I would expect a negative result as well. Good luck.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- How Long Do Doxycycline Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- Can You Infect Someone With HIV Days After You Are Infected?
- Chest Pain, Fatigue, High Liver Enzymes Acute Hiv
- Don't Know How I Got Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.