Is There Any Risk Getting HIV?

My co-worker squeezed lemon juice over my small burn sore from the same lemon that he just used to rub his mosquito bitten skin. I freaked out and looked at his skin to see if there was any sign of bleeding. I couldn't see blood but I am pretty sure he scratched the area a lot,so I am afraid a little bit of blood could have got in(or on) the lemon when he rubbed it on his skin. He had many sexual partners and has even paid girls to have sex with. That makes me think he might have HIV. Is there any risk of getting HIV from the blood in the lemon juice?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

There is absolutely no risk of transmission in a situation like this. HIV needs a portal of entry into the body for transmission to occur. Without that entry point into the body, the virus has no way to infect you. Also, the virus is extremely fragile. It does not live well outside of the body. Within a minutes time it would be unable to infect you. Again, you had no risk.

In health,

Richard

Visit to Phlebotomist
4th Generation HIV test USA