Visit to Phlebotomist

Dear Sir or Ma'am:

I searched this forum plus the internet and could not find a question like mine. I am really freaking out over this and would really appreciate your help. I went for a routine blood draw and after the Phlebotomist wiped my arm with the alcohol pad she started talking to me. Well, while she was talking to me she did the classic "say it don't spray it" and spit alittle before and while she was drawing the blood. I didn't think about it at first, but now I am freaking out. If there was her saliva around the injection sight before she put the needle in or if some landed while she was drawing the blood, could I be infected with HIV or something else? I would really appreciate your insight.

Forever grateful!!!

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- While I can completely understand the overall unappealing nature of being spit on, the good news is that you can't get HIV from saliva. Take care,

LHW

positive bottom with negative top..please answer me
Is There Any Risk Getting HIV?