Possible Fluid Transmission

I was with a prostitute and used a condom the entire time, however after a while she removed the condom and used her hand on me. Her fingernails scratched me and caused VERY red painful marks. This was the same hand that had been touching the used condom which was covered in her fluids.

I've read your posts saying that fingernail transmission is nearly non-existent, but since her fingernails were coated in her fluids, does this increase the risk?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there No I would still say this this incident does not pose a significant risk for getting HIV. It takes a sufficient inoculum (amount of virus) to be placed into a receptive environment (INSIDE the anus or vagina or the blood stream- which while red and painful I'm assuming her scratch did not cause open and actively bleeding wounds) to have even a chance that infection will occur (and even under these circumstances, it usually does not). So, the odds are terrifically in your favor that you are not HIV infected. Take care, LHW

Scracth, pre-cum and HIV infection
Urinal Infection