risk

Hi Shannon,

48 days ago, I was at a gay night club and blacked out. I only remember parts of the rest of the night after I left the club, I have a brief memory of meeting a random guy on the street and holding hands with him (don't know who he is or his contact information). I remember suggesting that we go to a gay night club (but he said that it was closed since it was already 4am). I have a brief memory of walking into his apartment building and into his apartment. Then I have a brief memory of him walking into his bedroom by himself. The next memory I have is of him telling me that I can leave his apartment if I wanted to. These are the only memories I have from his apartment, and they are literally 1-2 second snapshots. The next memory I have is of me drunkenly looking for and finding a familiar restaurant to see if a friend (that I had met there once before) was there. I didn't see my friend, so I left the restaurant and got into a cab home.

I don't have any memory of having anal sex, but I was also very drunk and can't piece together all my actions. I did not have any lube or anything messy on my anus/penis the next day, and I did not feel anal pain the next day (I tried anal sex only once, but it hurt so bad after just one thrust that I stopped it immediately). If I had bottomed, would I have felt it the next morning?

I suppose oral sex was a possibility, but since that doesn't carry a meaningful risk, I suppose I shouldn't worry about that.

After 23 days from that night, I developed a throat ache and my throat became scratchy (especially when the weather is brisk). I didn't have a fever, but felt cold, fatigued and weak. I developed a headache that lasted approx 3 weeks. (although the headache began as I was landing during a flight). Most worryingly, I feel weak and my body has constant mild tremors which become pronounced and visible when I work out.

Can you offer your thoughts on my risk?

Hi If you have only tried anal sex one other time and it was painful and you stopped I would really believe that you would feel as if you had had anal sex. Oral sex yes does carry a small risk of HIV transmission. Your symptoms are not associated with HIV but could be associated with many other things, including just allergies. If your symptoms continue I would recommend you following up with your health care provider and I would ask for HIV testing this just for your peace of mind! But I don't feel from what you have described that you are at risk of HIV.

accurancy of 8 week
Hiv window period - addon