HIV symptoms

I had unprotected sex 32 days ago and at 30 days tested negative for HIV. In the past three days I have had severe headaches, joint and muscle soreness, one enlarged neck lymph node and a canker sore. I am terrified that I have HIV and have been stressing about it all month. Does anyone think that these symptoms are more likely from stress or possible HIV infection?

Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.

So you are on the right course of testing. Flu like symptoms are the "normal" symptoms of HIV, what you are experiencing could be that but could be many other things. I would recommend that you follow up with your health care provider to have them address your symptoms and offer you HIV testing as well as other testing they deem necessary.

Be well, Shannon

Hiv/Aids conern
I am HIV Pos and he still wants to marry me