Hiv/Aids conern

Dr, I was at a party sitting on a couch and my friend was standing behind me this friend of mine is extremely sexually active I know he must have an std or hiv and he was drinking alcohol someone had made him laugh and he spit all the alcohol allover the back of my head is it possible to contract any std or hiv from this accident?

Hi First I need to say, don't judge! You don't know what is going on with your friend and they may be doing all the right stuff with protecting themselves from STI's. Just because someone is sexually active does not mean that they have an STI.

Secondly, if he does have HIV it is not spread through saliva or casual contact which this would be classified as, Also if for some reason there were HIV present you would have to have an freshly open wound on you for the fluid to get into.

With all of that, you are HIV free from this experience.

Question about recent CDC Chart. Please answer
HIV symptoms