Bouncing Water From Underwear

Hi Shannon, I went to a swimming pool this morning. When I finished up and having a shower, I hanged my underwear in the metal beam together with other underwear of other people. When I finished up soaping and rinsing, I pulled one underwear (same color as mine) and washed it in the flowing water of the shower head. It was really cold and my mouth is slightly open. In a split second, I felt one very small drop of water splattered inside my mouth. I do not know if it was real or an imagination but maybe it was real. I am not sure if that tiny drop of water came into contact with the underwear that I am washing (that the drop of water first dropped from the underwear and bounced to my mouth, the water flowing out of the shower head was really with high pressure so the water is splattering all around).

Now the thing that worries me is that all along it is not my underwear that I have been washing. It is another person's which it also slightly damp when I pulled it from the metal beam(because it is in the shower room). Now my question is, is there a risk of contracting HIV in that scenario? It is not my underwear, the water from the shower head with high pressure splashed on the underwear while I was washing it, and because of the hard splash, I felt one tiny dropped splashed and entered my mouth. What is the risk of contracting HIV IF the underwear has a semen of HIV+ owner? Thank you.

Swimmer Guy

Hello Swimmer guy! There is no chance of HIV transmission happening in this instance. First you don't know what the fluid was and most likely was the water from the shower. If for some reason it was semen in the underwear and if that persons semen did splash a tiny amount into your mouth, of course for there to be a risk of HIV transmission this person would have to have HIV. Also for HIV transmission to occur there would have to be a large volume of semen and to end this with stating that oral transmission carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission.

You are HIV free from this experience.

hi , shannon, hiv at 9 weeks
PLEASE TELL ME...!!!!