hi , shannon, hiv at 9 weeks
Sep 9, 2012
9 weeks as a initial hiv test would show good things about my hiv status?
i dont have other exposure, i have 9 week that i think someone infected me with a needle with hiv...
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi My answer stays the same with your clarification. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again. Being negative at 9 weeks is good news but you need to be tested again at 3 months or 12 weeks.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.