HIV test negative even after 3 months

Hi Ms. Southall,

I have read many post and ur reply to those post on The Body website. According to u if the person is tested HIV negative after 3 months then he/she is safe but in my case my exposure date is 09 May 2012 and till date I din't had sex, I got tested for first time on 05 June 2012 and second time on date 14 August 2012 for test name Genscreen Ultra HIV Ag/Ab but still my reports are negative. But I am sure that this virus is present in my body and slowly it is affecting my body I am having shore on tongue from date 12 May 2012 to till date also facing suddern energy lose, muscle tightening, headache, occasionally red spots on body and now having some red swollen spots on my tip of penis. So my concern is this virus is undetectable in my body and now infecting my body organs, I want to go on medication to control the further viral load. Plz tell me which test I should undergo to get confirm my HIV status.

Hi I have to agree with your test results, the many that you have had that you are HIV free. What I would recommend is that you follow up with a qualified health care practitioner to do further testing to assess what may be going on with you.

Get well and get in to see your health care provider!

Shannon

Urgent: Possible Infection
ed and hiv positive