Had protected sex, for the first time, do I have HIV?

So I had gay anal sex with a guy who had heterosexual partners before. We used a condom and he also stated he had protected sex with his partners before. Because its my first time, I am getting worried about getting HIV. So should I get tested? Should I even stress out about it?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

First, let me throw my standard HIV prevention message out to you...

Using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is one of the best ways to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's. Penetrative sex would be defined as vaginal or anal sex.

In this instance, you effectively protected yourself against HIV. Should you get tested? I think anyone who is sexually active should be tested at least once a year. Preferably every six months. Even if you are practicing safe sex, it's always a good idea to know your status AND it's helpful to have conversations with your tester around safer-sex practices.

Should you stress out about it? I don't think you need to stress out about it, but I do think you need to be aware of what your risk level is and you should protecting yourself as best you can. In this case, it sounds like you did that. Keep it up!

In health,

Richard

oral sex with prostitute
Swingers