Penile wart and other HPV's

I had what I believed to be a wart on my penis that went away on it's on in a matter of weeks.(Not sure of exact time frame) It's been over 30 years now and no other penile warts have appeared. Reading that penile warts are not the ones that cause cancer was a relief. Reading that if you had a genital wart you may have been exposed to other forms of HPV was concerning. How likely is it that I have any form of HPV that I could pass onto another person through sexual contact?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Most people will clear the virus within two years time. However, having HPV and clearing it from the body does not preclude you from getting it again. Since we are not sure what exactly was on your penis 30 years ago, it is hard to tell what we are dealing with. If it was HPV, your body likely cleared it a long time ago.

In health,

Richard

hi , shannon, hiv test at 9 weeks
Anal sex and AIDS