Can scratching someone spread HIV?
Sep 6, 2012
hello, I am HIV positive but my boyfriend is not. The other day we were playing around and I accidentally scratched him, turning his skin red on that spot and there was a little blood from him. I am undetectable. I don't think I had any blood under my nail, I just need to trim them... was there any danger to him? thanks
Response from Dr. Wohl
No risk at all. There is no virus lurking under your nails.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sharing A Toothbrush
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting AIDS
- Vaginal Sex Without Condom Scared To Death
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.