I will get tested, but what are my chances?

Hello, A few weeks ago I had sex with an older guy. We had oral sex (I recieved-he swallowed me). And then anal sex (he received). We used a condom, and I never actually came. I recently found out that he is HIV positive. I never had any part of him in my mouth, and there were no open wounds or anything on my genitals... what are my chances of being infected? I'm sorry if this question is rambling... just a little nervous now.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I'm sorry that he did not disclose his HIV positive status prior to having sex. It's understandable that you are nervous.

I can tell you that based on the situation you described to me, it does not sound like the risk for transmission was very high. Insertive oral sex is fairly low-risk, and protected penetrative sex is not too high of a risk either. The risk would come into play if the condom had broken.

I do not think you need to be tested for this incident in particular. However, if you need a test for your peace of mind, then that is certainly OK too. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Fellatio with bleeding gums
Worried after getting test results