Secondary syphllis skin contact

I noticed rashes on my skin (belly and chest) on a Saturday. Knowing that I was at risk for STDs, I went tested and my results came back positive for syphillis. Doctor showed me rashes I did not even have noticed, like on hands and feet.

After consultation, I almost went crazy, because I only then remembered that I've changed my nephew's diapers on the Thursday just before the day I noticed my rash.

Question is: if I had rashes on the palm of my hands, would I be contagious for the baby for changing his diapers, applying ointment on his genitals, etc?

Thank you.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

It is possible that the rash on your hands could transmit the bacteria. It would be more likely in the case where you were rubbing someone's skin vigorously.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there

I agree with Mr. Cordova that this is possible but unlikely. If one of the sores from your rash rubbed off onto the babies body while you were diaper changing, then the bacteria would also need to somehow get near his moist membranes or any cuts in his skin. Since you didn't notice the rash that day, this is even more unlikely. Take care, LHW

Interesting question, just need a doctors advice on it
what is hiv virus lifetime