Risk of contracting Hepatitis C

I had unprotected sex with a male friend 2 nights ago and today he told me that he has Hepatis C. What are the chances of me contracting Hep C and what should I do? Thank you very much for your immediate reply..

The risk of getting hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection through sex is higher among men who have sex with men (MSM) compared to heterosexual couples. This risk seems to be associated with traumatic rectal sex or breaks in the skin caused by STDS, such as syphilis.

Some studies suggest that HCV screening is prudent annually for MSM and more frequent screening for HCV is suggested for any episode of risk.

I would also be certain that you have been immunized against hepatitis B in the past. Also would be a good idea to get HIV testing if you haven't been tested recently.

hi, richard
Hep C and HIV seroconversion