Dear Dr Richard

Hello Doc! I had protected vaginal sex with a CSW but during the sex I was also inserting penis inside her and then taking it out and rubbing my penis inside her hips so I am sure some of her vaginal fluids got inside of her hips. After sometime I stupidly performed unprotected frottage without a condom inside her hips but did not penetrated her or ejaculate. Then I just got up and wore my clothes and walked away. ( I did not wash my penis ( don't know why) After 2 and a half months of this incident I got OHL (Confirmed by a dentist) very stiff neck for 2 weeks, night sweat 2-3 times and some rashes. I got freaked out and tested via HIV insti for antibodies and the result was negative at 11 weeks and 15 weeks. However now after a year I have a diarrhea for more than a month (not watery but a lot of burping going in my stomach and need to go to washroom very often), dry cough again for more than a month (not very severe but it just won't go away and usually starts when I speak and when I am about to sleep, and also for the first time in my life I developed a severe rash on my chest which looked exactly like HIV rash in the pictures I saw. I have never seen that rash on me before so now my anxiety has quadrupled and I am so scared once again. Do you think considering my risk of exposure and all the symptoms I had before (like OHL) and especially am having right now can be related to HIV? Please let me know if I still should get tested again. Thank you!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

To be honest, it doesn't sound like you had a high-risk incident to me. The virus does not live well outside of the body. Once her vaginal fluid leave her body, and virus present starts to die immediately. Furthermore, the virus needs direct access to the bloodstream for transmission to occur. Direct access to the bloodstream during frottage is unlikely.

I would feel confident in the result of your 15 week test. You are negative from this encounter. If these symptoms persist, I would suggest a visit to the doctor to discuss other possible causes.

In health,

Richard

Dating-HIV
hi, richard