Have I infected him?

Hello. I have been undetectable bottom for over a year now and my friend is negative top.we recently got together and for about barely two minutes, he very gently, penetrated his head in and out of me before then using a condom. He is uncut. it wasn't rough at all and there was no blood on his penis. Question is... HAVE I INFECTED HIM WITH HIV?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

I can say off the bat, you're on the right track with your thinking. The risk of infecting your partner sounds pretty low. I'm tempted to say there almost wasn't any risk at all!

If you would have been penetrated deeply, roughly, and for a long period of time with a detectable viral load then the risk to your partner would have been significant.. However, none of that was the case! This tells us that your risk definitely wasn't high. It doesn't sound like your partner got inside you enough to get any blood from your butt inside his penis.

It's important when having sex with your partner to talk about risk and avoid (or redirect) behavior that you're going to be nervous about later. You can figure some of this out by talking with your partner beforehand.

Hope this helps!

Erik

burning sensation on my finger tips after touching HIV+ person
HIV and Syphilis from a lap dance