blood touching my peeling skin on foot

my mother had her period on the towel i stepped on later about 2 hours later she doesnt have HIV or any STI but my foot had some skin that was peeling off it after i knew it was blood which was like 3 minutes later i went to clean it off with soap and water. is there any risks of HIV or anything?

Response from Mr. Glenn

There's no risk from the situation you're describing. In situations like this, we know immediately that there's no risk because way too much time has passed from blood coming out of someone and you touching it. HIV dies within precious few minutes of leaving the body!

Hope this helps!

Erik

HIV infection from pin prick
burning sensation on my finger tips after touching HIV+ person