HIV infection from pin prick

I was helping to remove some materials that were pinned to a noticeboard when i accidentally pricked a finger. I am concerned that the same pin that i have pricked my finger with, had pricked someone else with HIV. In my knowledge, the pins have been untouched for 24 hours (the materials were pinned to the notice board more than 24 hours before the incident happened). Is there a risk that I can get HIV infection from the pin prick? I know this is a little paranoid but I need some peace of mind. Thanks

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is absolutely no risk from the situation you're describing. You can only get HIV when HIV+ body fluid comes out of someone's body and goes directly/immediately inside yours. This could not have happened in your case. For the simple fact that even if someone pricked themselves with the same pin you did, so much time had passed that any HIV would have died.

Is this the kind of thing that you find yourself thinking about on a regular basis? If so, this might be less about real risk and more about your feelings about HIV.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Can one day CUT finguring couse HIV when cloth are wet.
blood touching my peeling skin on foot