How long can HIV survive in cold water? Is sharing a glass risky?
Aug 30, 2012
So i was playing basketball, and i drank from this random guy's water bottle( cold water). What are the chances of catching any sort of HIV?
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question,
There is no risk at all of getting HIV from what you're describing.
If the question is how long HIV can survive in cold water, the answer is note very long at all.
However, the real question here is whether HIV is transmitted by saliva (even in small amounts). The answer to that is no no no!
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long After Exposure Can A Hepatitis C Test Be Positive?
- What Medicine Is Used To Cure Gonorrhea?
- What Kind Of Doctor Should I See For Hpv?
- What Does A Shingles Rash Look Like?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.