Herpes on top of vagina

is it possible to get herpe sores on the top of your vagina where the pubic hair grows? i just shaved my vagina and when i looked at it there was a sore. i use condoms when i have sex, and i havent been active in about a month and a half. they are now just appearing. do i have herpes? P.S- the sores are not near my lips of my vagina nor the opening of my vagina or anus.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- It is definitely possible to get herpes sores just about anywhere in the genital region. Typically they are very sore, especially with a first episode. You can read more about herpes here: http://www.thebody.com/index/treat/herpes.html

Take care, LHW

licking of vagina
Undetectable poz partner + truvada for neg partner = ??