Risk from precum outside the condom - Asking for 7th time, please answer me!

A while back I had vaginal sex with a guy and there may have been precum on the outside of the condom. I have read that once the virus is exposed to air it becomes inactive and unable to infect. Is this true? Does it instantly become inactive? Or am I in need of testing? Please answer me, I am helpless!

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- HIV doesn't survive well in the environment but the exact time it takes to die isn't exact, especially if it is contained in precum fluid. If you were exposed to precum during vaginal sex I would recommend testing. Take care, LHW

Need your help
licking of vagina