|Can HIV infect by drinking cup of tea with mixed infected blood?
Aug 26, 2012
One of my friend gave me a cup of tea at his home. I drunk it at the movement. People say he was a person who has infected HIV. Please let me know if that was mixed with infected blood, can it cause me the decease(HIV)? Thank you.
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi You cannot get HIV from casual contact and this is an example of one. Drinking after someone who has HIV is not a way for HIV transmission to occur.
You are fine, be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- List Of Ways You Can Get Infected With Hiv
- Can You Get The Hiv Virus From Drinking Out The Same Cup?
- Can I Get Hiv By Drinking Out Of The Same Glass As An Infected Person?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- Daily Dosing Time For Atripla
- Full Blown Aids Life Expectancy
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.