The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Diarrhea and Testicular pain

Aug 26, 2012

I'm a male and I had unprotected oral sex with a guy which was mutual and also involved masturbating each other with lube, ejaculation took place in our hands. My question is am I at risk of STD's? more importantly HIV? I've had Diarrhea for little over 3 weeks now although to be fair I was already experiencing these symptoms few days prior to this event. About 4 days after this incident I started getting discomfort in my testicles, and its been ongoing for 3 weeks now. The sensations come and go and I'll feel a pinching in my testicles from time to time as well as my penis although that's less occuring. I've noticed the sensations are usually most active when my bowels are. Got checked by a doctor and she felt no lumps, but she's having me get tested for STD's tomorrow, would still like your input on this situation to place myself further at ease if possible. Thanks!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Oral sex and mutual masturbation are not high-risk activities. The risk of HIV transmission is very low and I would not be concerned. Certain STD's such as Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea. and Herpes can be transmitted via oral sex. Unless you are experiencing symptoms, I do not think you need to be tested for this incident in particular. A full STD screening every six months will suffice.

In health,


thank you for your experts advice!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint