Is this HIV??

Four days ago, I had unprotected sex with someone I don't know well. Due to lack of lubrication there was some tearing/rubbing raw on my labia and surrounding area. I was so worried the next day and know I've put myself at risk by not using a condom. Today I woke up with headache, sore and stiff neck, sore throat, and swollen glands in my neck. Do I have HIV? Do symptoms happen so quickly??

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- The event you describe certainly could put you at risk for acquiring HIV infection although my guess is that 4 days after the event is a bit too soon to say that your symptoms are related to acute HIV infection. You are also out of the window for using Postexposure prophylaxis. My recommendation would be to chat with your sex partner (if that is an option) about his status and would suggest getting tested. By 4 weeks standard tests should be very accurate and a 4th generation test will be accurate by about 21 days. Hopefully you will remain negative and definitely try to use condoms and lube next time to save yourself this worry. Take care, LHW

Women to women finger
HIV and Urethra (pee hole), read a lot but cannot find the answer! Please help!