Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

touched semen and ate without washing hands
Aug 22, 2012

Hello i write from spain so sorry for my english. Two weeks ago i went for lunch with my family and while we were waiting for a table my daugther went outside and played with a door of a gay sauna. Then she ate without washing her hands. my question is there any risk of hiv if the handle of the door had semen on it and then the girl licked her finger to eat? should be teasted?. i am worry because at that moment the sauna was open.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There's absolutely no risk from the situation you're describing. Firstly, just because there's a gay sauna DOESN"T mean that there's semen on the door handle. Even if there were semen on the door handle and EVEN if there were HIV in that semen.. by the time that anyone touched it after it was left there, the HIV would be dead and not infectious.

To get HIV there needs to be HIV+ body fluid coming out of someone's body and going directly/immediately inside someone else's body. There is not possible way that "directly/immediately" could have happened in the situation you're describing. No way!

It would probably be a good move for you to think about where your fear of HIV came from. If it's merely because it was a gay sauna, then it'd be important to be careful with your assumptions.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
Catching aids/hiv/std from stripclub
Next
Two HIV Duo tests

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.