Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Possible enounter with precum.. HIV transmittable?
Aug 21, 2012

A friend and I were engaging in light foreplay recently and there wasn't any oral foreplay as for as a blow job or rimming, however we did lick on the shaft of the penis. I was wondering if he had hiv could a small amount of saliva or a very very small amount of precum transmit hiv? When I say small, I mean there's a chance we didn't even come into contact with precum. I'm just sorta worried and needed and expert opinion. The ares we did have oral contact there were no open sores or cuts.. it was just around the penis mostly and around the scrotum. Hope to get a reply.. Thank you!!! :/

Response from Dr. Wohl

Oral sex (which is what you were doing) does not efficiently transmit HIV and so I would say there is no risk here. You should feel free to get yourself and your friend tested anyway as it is smart to know your HIV status.

DW

Previous
Risk from cut. Extremely worried!!
Next
re: cant understand how?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.