HIV from stepping on blood in airplane?

Yesterday I was in an airplane and stepped on a few drops of blood in the bathroom with my shoe on. I don't know if it was dry or not. I had on mary janes, no socks, and had some pretty irritated mosquito bites on my ankles. Do I need to be concerned at all that I was exposed to HIV in this scenario? I did try to be careful not to touch the soles of my shoes to my ankles, carryon, etc. But, obviously, it's cramped quarters and did manage to brush my carryon handle, and probably my ankles at some point in the long trip.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- No, I don't see a way that the exposure you describe could have put you at risk for HIV. Any blood that was on the floor would have been exposed to the air and thus any HIV in it would not have survived. Bottom line: HIV is NOT easy to transmit. It is a fragile virus, and breaks down quickly, if not in the right conditions. It can ONLY infect you if it enters your bloodstream, through an open wound or mucus membranes. Take care, LHW

Risk after robbery assult
Should I retest? (7TH POSTING) PLEASE READ