hiv symptoms 3 weeks.

Hi, After 3 weeks of having anal sex with another male, who's hiv positive, I'm starting to have headached, sore throat, and some muscle pain. He had told me he's positive a couple days after, so I had a test done 10 days after and tested negative. I'm aware this is too soon and I need to get another test. I was top and I did use a condom, so I'm wondering if it's even possible that my symptoms are just anxiety, or if I should be concerned.

Thx

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- The fact that you used a condom (from start to finish and without any rips etc I'm assuming) is great and makes me much less worried that your symptoms are related to acute HIV infection. Being the top also puts you at slightly lower risk compared to if you had been the bottom. Knowing your partners viral load and if he is on meds would be helpful since that also influences your risk. Taken as a whole, my guess (since the sex was protected) is that you are indeed negative and your symptoms are stress related. I agree with testing in another week or so to be sure. Take care, LHW

Geographic Tongue
can i get hiv through breast milk