lesbians sex

Hi

I am a male and recently i started a relationship with a female. She told me she had sex with three women.

excuse me for my ignorance, but do have the same hiv risk as gay sex? I'll appreciate if you educate me on this subject.

Thanks :)

Women can transmit HIV to other women during sex but the risk is generally lower than sex between men and between an infected man and a woman. However, risks vary with a number of factors including the infectiousness of the infected partner and the sexual practices. For example, some reports of HIV transmission among women who have sex with women have implicated sex toys.

It makes sense for you to both get tested so you know your status as you enter the relationship.

Dr Wohl, one more question about Abbott Architect(hiv1,2,p24) test
Should I ask for PEP for performing oral sex when I had a canker sore and acid reflux?