4 th generation Hiv test/ Duo test
Aug 19, 2012
I have heard that Hiv Duo tests are made for early detection of Hiv. I had a sex with a sex worker in 2007 and I tested for Hiv in 2011 it was a Hiv Duo Test(Ag/Ab)test.So if this test for early detection how can I accept my negative results? Should I do a 3rd generation Elisa(Ab Only) test for confirm? I did this duo(Ag/Ab) test after 4 years from the possible exposure Is it valid and conclusive?
Response from Dr. Wohl
The new test only adds and does not detract from the prior generation test. You are negative and there is no reason to retest unless new exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Coughing Up Blood A Sign Of Hiv Aids?
- Is Bruising Easily A Sign Of Hiv?
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Lip?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.